All About Food

A LIFE IMMERSED IN FOOD
Allison McNearny writes about Ruth Reichl
I decided too much time had gone by without a food posting. So, I began my search. Only minutes later, I came upon a beautifully written article for The Daily Beast - by Allison McNearny - "Food for Life: How Cooking Saved Ruth Reichl".
I had been a bit out of touch, I suppose. Via Ms. McNearny I learned Ruth Reichl has a new book out - titled, My Kitchen Year: 136 Recipes That Saved My Life. Published by Random House, New York.
From Ms. McNearny's article:
She has a reverence for ingredients, for flavors, for the process of cooking that she finds meditative. A unique dish or a single piece of fruit can bring back memories and emotions or help her get out of a funk and appreciate life more (a recipe for Shirred Eggs with Potato Puree includes the observation: “Each bite reminds you why you’re glad to be alive”).
I think this sort of passion is reserved for any creative person. Those who write, paint or design buildings know that each moment spent in creativity is an electric reminder of aliveness, of passion.
I haven't read Ms. Reichl's book, but it is because I took time to read a beautifully written article (review) that I plan to purchase the book.
Please read Allison McNearny's review at The Daily Beast.


Comments

Popular Posts